Westin Tokyo is ranked as a top hotel and in so-called “new big three” hotel group in Tokyo. Since the elegance of European style has been kept from its establishment from 1994, still it’s one of the most popular luxury hotels. And I also recommend the hotel except its location.
Elite benefit for Platinum or higher members
- Free room upgrade including suite
- Access to the executive lounge
- Access to Westin workout fitness studio
- Super smooth checkin/out at a private desk
- Concierge service
- Complimentary breakfast at Restaurant “The Terrace” or the executive lounge
Pros and Cons
- Great location at the center of Ebisu Garden Place
- Silent and calm around the hotel
- Gorgeous look
- Need to walk about 10 minutes from the nearest station of JR Ebisu
- Closest store of Mitsukoshi Ebisu has recently closed
- The lounge is just so-so
Lobby and floor decor
The lobby is gorgeous and dazzling with gold, black and white. Same as Westin Osaka, the style is slightly Japanised European taste.
All decor in the lobby and floors has sense of unity in every detail.
That time I was assigned to an upper floor room. Unfortunately I couldn’t get big upgrade because of high season. You may know in Japan Marriott hotels offer big upgrade more easily than those in Western.
So if you are in Japan in low season it would be a chance.
Bathroom is just normal, but the decor is still gorgeous.
The executive lounge is comparatively smaller and simple. It’s open 24 hours but specific period hours it offers afternoon tea service and cocktails. When I was there, in spite of high season there’re not so much people in the lounge all time.
Afternoon tea… 2 pm – 4 pm
Evening cocktail hour… 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
We have 2 choices for breakfast, at restaurant the Terrace or at the lounge. I prefer the Terrace due to variety of foods. Though the menu is just normal American breakfast and not much Japanese-featured foods, but every single quality is high.
There’s some hot meal also, and omelette stand of course.
Every cold meals is served as single portion and when I was there cute donuts were prepared.
This hotel is suitable for those who:
- want staycation in calm environment
- want to walk around Ebisu
- have Marriott upper elite status